Monday, September 22, 2014

Surgery

The Monday before the 10th, Carson had his pre-op appointment to make sure everything was good to go still. Sure was. So we went in Thursday morning at 7:30 for Surgery. The early time was great so Carson did not have to notice he wasn't going to be able to eat till after. We went in and Carson was excited to see all the new people. We got him checked in and into his Surgery outfit. He looked like a stud! Then the doctor came in to draw on the hand that needed cut so they didn't mess up. Carson started getting Nervous when the doctors kept coming in. The Surgery Nurse and the Anesthesiologist came in to answer any questions, talk about anesthesia and to take him to Surgery. He was not too thrilled about having to go with them, but Connor had gone and got a New Motorcycle just in case this happened. This one made sound when you pushed on the back tire. He had no problem going with them if a new bike was involved. He was off and I was nervous. I think I held it together pretty good. Well half hour later a nurse came in to get his bed that was left in the room and then they came back but without Carson. I was like uh where he is, but then I saw him being carried by another Surgical Nurse. He was not okay with lying down. So Connor took him and then he lay on the bed and played with his bikes He was just a little quiet, but seemed to be fine. I was shocked. I was expecting a freak out. He did great for a bit just playing and then they decided to come and put an oxygen monitor on his foot. Well he was out of control, “get it off” and started trying to rip it and his bandages off. This was the freak out I was expecting. We are just great parents and recorded all his tantrums! J It took him about half an hour to calm down and drink some juice before we could go. Then he was great. We went home and had a snack, relaxed, had visits from both Grandma Trish and Grandma Susan. Then we went down to Cache Honda Yamaha to see some dirt bikes and he was great. He recovered so well and now can move his thumb perfectly. The swelling can take a while to go down still because his hands are so small but they said within a year we won’t even be able to tell it happened. (videos of him coming out of Anesthesia would not load, but they are on my facebook page so you can check them out there!)


Before Surgery:






After Surgery:












No comments:

Post a Comment