So on top of being the sports director, I am also the Camp
director. This year was Stake camp, which turned out to be such a blessing. Our
stake takes care of everything, literally all the planning and everything. It
made life so nice. Work has been stressful lately and with Carson and
everything else going on I did not have the time to devote to planning camp.
Thankfully it was planned for us. I originally was given all of camp off from
work. But then with our workload increasing I was not able to get it all off. I
did get Wednesday and Thursday off to go up. So Wednesday we got up there and
the girls were having so much fun. That day the hike and skits were the main
events on the schedule. I was so excited to spend time with the Girls hiking in
the wilderness, but the heat got the best of me and gave me a horrible migraine
and some heat exhaustion. I had to turn back on the hike and take it easy. I
felt so awful. I couldn't help with camp a ton and then I had to turn around. I
was devastated. Then the migraine just worsened and by the time the skit was
complete I was throwing up and such a mess. I came home with one of the leaders
and I just was devastated to miss camp. I wish I could have stayed the whole
time!
No comments:
Post a Comment