On Wednesday April 3rd, I got the privilege of going up to the hospital to hang out with my good friend who I also work with while she was in labor! Let's say I really loved not having the baby. She has had it pretty rough this time around. This is her second baby. Her first is 21 months now and he was a very easy pregnancy and delivery. This time she had a girl and has struggled from about 24 weeks on. She was way bigger with this one, and had very strange pains and contractions from very early on. She had to kind of stop working at like 32 weeks and was up to labor and delivery quite often to stop her contractions and help her with the pain she was having. Her first baby she had at 36 weeks so thats what she was hoping for, but nope she made it till 39 weeks and they induced her on the 3rd of April. I worked 11-9 that day and then headed up there, so that way her family and hubby could sleep while she waited through her labor with me. Well it was definitely a different experience not being the one having the baby. I hung out with her while they broke her water and gave her the epidural. It was a great experience being the person to help her out. Well after that she pretty much didn't get bugged or checked on till about 12:45am. Well they came in and said she was ready to go and they weren't even going to let her push until Dr. Olsen got there. Well I was not originally planning to stay for the delivery, but she told me to stay. It was a way cool experience. I was so nervous for her and excited! It was amazing seeing a live birth and I really was glad I got to be there. I stayed and helped her nurse, seeing as she asked for help and they didn't help her just told her to do it. I have no experience nursing, but we got it to work. She is a pro! Kaymbrie April was born on April 4th at about 1:15am. She was 7lbs 4oz and so cute! She is so pretty and such a good baby! She eats like a champ and is a wonderful addition to their family! Love ya Hillary and congrats!
No comments:
Post a Comment