Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pregnancy #2

Well we found out we were expecting 9/22 and to be honest we were shocked. We had been trying for a while to get pregnant and it was not happening so we had decided to stop trying. Well guess that was all we needed to do to get pregnant! I was already late but that was really normal for me the few months before so I didn't expect anything of it other than I was pretty sick. So I decided to take a test Sunday night 9/21 at like Midnight and when it was positive I just sat there in shock!
Well Connor was not the first person I told that is for sure. I figured he would be a little upset with the timing since we had both agreed stopping trying would be fine. I told a great friend of mine at work first! She has problems with infertility so I knew it could be hard for her to be told, but she was someone that I couldn't wait to tell! She was so excited for me. It helped me get excited for it since I was still in such shock! A few people found out then including one of my Boss's. I knew that if my pregnancy was anything like the time before that she would definitely need some warning of what it could be like!

Well I waited to tell Connor. I just wanted to make sure it was the right moment. He was just as shocked as I was and had to walk away. I gave him some time to process the news and went downstairs to find him. Well he was/is excited, but he just was like we were ok with not trying and had made some big plans! Babies are wonderful, but trying to get pregnant and then failing at that and then deciding it must be the wrong time and then end up being is a little hard to process!

Well based on everything we found out the due date is May 26th! Later than we had wanted, but glad it is not in the middle of the summer heat! We did have a bit of a struggle tying to figure out what to do about the family vacation we knew was coming up probably in June! There is no way we would be able to afford it with a baby coming, let alone go all the way to Oregon/Washington with a couple weeks old baby. The hard part was telling his family in enough time to let them know and plan, but without telling them too soon!

Well it ended up not working out to be able to avoid telling them, since a large trip like that takes some planning. We ended up telling them about 1 week after we found out. I was about 7 weeks along, super sick and really not wanting to announce it yet! We asked them to keep it on the Down Low till we could announce it on Halloween!

Carson told my family! We had been open with him about it and he knew that mom was sick and she had a baby in her belly. Well he told my mom that, so not a few days after we told Connor's family they found out as well. It is nice for family to know early, but still hard!

I was sick this time for sure, but in comparison to last time it was nothing! With Carson I got sick at 8 weeks, and stayed sick till the end. It tapered and got a bit more manageable at about 24 weeks, but I still threw up everyday till the end. With this one I got sick at about 6-7 weeks and am still sick now at 34 weeks. I was nothing sick in comparison to Carson though. Throwing up a couple times a day with this one I would do anyday in comparison to constantly for all those weeks with Carson. With Carson I lost 40 pounds between 8 and 16 weeks and with this one it was 15 pounds between 7 and 20.

I have loved being able to eat with this one. The headaches have been worse this time and the pain. Wow the pain is crazy! Even before we knew what we were having, the pain in my lower back/hip started. Walking and supporting myself on my right side was bad and there was not much I could do. I was put on a new nausea medicine though at my 20 week appointment to help avoid the side effects from the Zofran I was living on. I love this new medicine. Weird to say i love my nausea medicine but it is definitely a life saver!

On Jan 2nd at 20 weeks, we found out we are having another boy! Carson went with us to find out and he was so confused, but super excited for a brother! I had been thinking it would be a girl this time, just cuz my symptoms have been pretty different and everyone had me convinced! I am happy we are having a boy though, i am not ready for a girl!

My family was in Moab when we found out. I had my sister tell them what it was and she put papers in a balloon that were blue and had them pop it! Carson loved watching the video of them finding out! We went to my mother in laws work to tell her what we were having! Carson was being a butt and wouldn't tell her till she asked what the babies name was. He shared right away! Codiak. Yep we are naming him Codiak! I will end up calling him Cody and so far most people call him that as well.


This time my Placenta is in a front. This is an entire different thing than with Carson and it kind of sucks. I didn't feel noticeable movement this time till about 24 weeks and when I did it was hard to feel. That is hard when you are getting further a long and you can't keep track! I am sad too cuz it is my favorite part of pregnancy. Well the only part I enjoy besides being able to look large and have an excuse and the baby at the end! Now that i am a lot bigger, I feel movement pretty consistently so that is good, cuz everywhere I have read say that front Placenta's suck! I just am hoping Placenta has not moved down enough to block my cervix so i can try for a vaginal delivery!

Well the hip pain increased drastically and walking was not working for me. Over the next 8-10 weeks my pain just grew a little more everyday. At my 28 week appointment I talked to them about my pain and the issues I was having and at my 32 week I was told to go to a Chiropractor to see if that would help. I went twice and it got much worse. I didn't think it could. I now walk with crutches because my hip wont stay in and therefore my legs wont support me when I walk. The crutches give me intense stomach pains and contractions. I was told to not go to the chiropractor again and to rest. It still is not improving so I go to a physical therapist tomorrow. To be honest I don't see this helping because when I walk to much, or stretch it or do exercises I really regret it later and the next day because the pain maxes out! I am hoping this all clears up when baby comes out, but at this point I am not sure!

Well here is the update of my pregnancy so far! I am at 34 weeks today, and am down to 41 days left to due date! I am crossing my fingers to get started a week early, but we will see! Lets just pray that the crutches wont be something I have to do till the end, but with baby needing to double in weight almost the next few weeks I think it is likely!

 Oh and his name is planning to be Codiak Michael Balls! We are super excited. Carson says his name is Codiak Michael Buble and it is hilarious!


 (Weeks in Picture order #1: 11 weeks, #2: 16 weeks, #3: 20 weeks, #4: 25 weeks, #5: 30 weeks, #6: 32 weeks)
 
More blog posts to come! I am working on Christmas Parties, Christmas, Birthdays and so much more! I want to be all caught up before Baby comes so expect a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment