Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Codiak's Birth Story Part 2!

Pictures from right after he was born and of his bath I forgot to post on part 1! Enjoy and then keep going for part 2!



 So Saturday morning we were up at about 6:30 when they brought Cody back into our room. I tried to nap off and on for the next few hours and just didn't have a lot of luck with that. We had planned for Mother's Day weekend to go to the Health Days Parade with my mom on Saturday and then to Kneaders for breakfast, but having Cody definitely changed that plan. Well my mom still went and got us Kneaders and brought it to us.  Connor was missing Carson so he just kept looking out the window waiting for them to come.
The nurse came in that morning and asked if I was wanting to leave that night. I hadn't thought that was an option to go home 24 hours after he was born especially with him not circumcised yet. But that became the idea and plan. They came to get him to be circumcised that morning. Dr Odell was gone so Dr Clarke who was on call did it. Codiak did great but then was really tired that day and so that made nursing very difficult.

My mom, Chase and Carson came to give us the food and hang out with us for a bit around 10-11. After they came, Eden and Wes came to visit. They brought us an adorable outfit as well as this adorable blanket and a toy. Shanae came, my friend Jen Blanchard, Kendall and Kelsey, Jeff and Tammie and my Grandma and Grandpa Andersen.

 Once I had made the decision to go home Saturday night we got everything packed up and cleaned up so when we were finally able to go home we would be ready. They came to get him for his tests at 6 and brought him back about 20 minutes later. They let me know we would have the results of his hearing, bilirubin and everything within an hour and could be heading home by 7:30. My prescriptions for Motrin, stool softener and Percocet were still needing to be picked up at the Smithfield Lee's by 9pm. The Percocet had to have a paper prescription taken in and couldn't be called in. So we were planning to leave the hospital, pick up the prescription and have my mom meet us at the house with Carson and Connor's mom was coming to sleep over. Well at about 7:30 we started getting Cody in his going home clothes. I had found this Awesome Little Brother outfit at Gordman's and was excited for him to wear it home.
Well 7:45 came around and still nothing. The nurse came in around 8 and said they were behind. (we were one of only 4 other babies up there total!) Then 8:15 came around, still nothing. We were not getting out of there in time to get the prescriptions. Connor took the paper one to the Logan Lee's and my mom filled the others that had been called in to Smithfield. I was ticked. I was tired, emotional and so frustrated it was taking so long and they had no answers as to why. Connor had asked them on his way out to fill the prescription and they said they labs had to rerun everything. So that is what was taking so long. It was frustrating. We finally got the results just before 9 and were able to head home. Cody proved that night he hates the car/carseat. (It has not changed)

When we got home my mom was right behind us with Carson. He had fallen asleep so we just carried him right down to bed. They brought flowers that Carson picked out for me for mother's day and the meds I needed. Connor's mom showed up right after that and we got everything situated and were able to get some sleep! Susan came down and woke us up every 3 hours to feed the little man. I love it when our moms do this. It helps catch up on sleep to be ready to do this mom/newborn thing! Cody nursed ok but we still needed to sub some formula too! I was having to pump a bit as well to try to get my milk in. We figured having my milk come in would help him be interested and be able to get this nursing thing down. Susan left that morning to head home to get ready for church. We were all alone. I had even nursed that morning by myself. (usually I needed Connor to help me get him to stay eating and keep him on with the shield) Connor and Carson came up a while later and Carson really wanted to hold him!



We hung out alone for a while, figuring out how to be a family of 4. Connor and Carson made breakfast and I was able to shower and get cleaned up. I made lunch and just did a lot of relaxing. My mom came over later that day to hang out with me. Connor and Carson went up to Connor's moms for dinner and my mom and I just relaxed. She left a while later to go home to have dinner with my dad and siblings, but my sister Mckenna came over to hang out with us and get to meet Codiak. She stayed for a while and kept me company. My friend Hillary came by to visit and bring over my breast pump. It was great to see her, lets just say it has been a while! My sister-in-law Kristin came by as well to visit and meet him! It was so nice having adult contact and to let everyone hold and snuggle Codiak.  My mom came by later because she was going to stay with us through the night and brought my dad and brother to hang out and take pictures. They got some great shots of the boys together and Codiak by himself! 





We had a lot of visitors that night too! Kristin came back with Jake and the kids! Kolton was so excited to see the baby. Grandma and Grandpa Jensen came by as well and Susan and Alan. They were headed to St George the following morning so they really wanted to come see him before they left! It was great. I felt good, just tired.

My mom took Codiak through the night and Connor and I slept. It was great to be able to sleep again. Nursing was becoming easier and my milk was coming in great. I still had to use the shield, but things were going well! Connor stayed home with us on Monday and got a lot done around the house and just relaxed and played with Carson. Then he went back to work Tuesday and I was on my own! My mom came over to help that morning once Carson woke up,. It was so helpful to have them there whenever I needed them to help out!

 More posts to come! I have to update you on that week, his first doctors appointment, 2 week appointment, the last 8 weeks at home and everything! I am trying to get caught up before I go back to work in a week and a half, so bear with me!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment